Hyatt’s Good Taste Series is Back!
For the last 3 years, Hyatt has hosted The Good Taste Series, which allows Hyatt Chefs from all over the world showcase their culinary skills in a friendly competition. On Thursday, July 13, 2017, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place will host the rising culinary stars from Hyatt Hotels & Resorts for the Midwest region competition where chefs will present two reception style dishes of their choice.
The goal of the Good Taste Series is not only to feature Hyatt’s talented chefs, but to reinforce Hyatt’s global food philosophy; Food. Thoughtfully Sourced, Carefully Served.
This year the stakes are higher – not only are these Chefs competing to move onto the America’s Good Taste Series, but this year, they will also have the opportunity to compete at the Global Good Taste Series.
This local Good Taste Series competition is one of twelve regional brackets taking place this summer around the United States. In addition to some serious bragging rights, each regional winner receives an all-expense paid trip to The Americas Good Taste Series competition at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa in New Mexico, to be held later this year. Two winners will be selected from The Americas Good Taste Series to compete in the first ever Global Good Taste Series in early 2018!
- Sarah Butcher, Culinary Supervisor, Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade
- Justin Anderson, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
- Darrell Crawford, Lead Cook, Hyatt Centric Chicago Mag Mile
- Stephen Scheiner, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- David Brown, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- Samuele Moran, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Green Bay
- Patrick LeBeau, Sous Chef, Park Hyatt Chicago
- James McDonald, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Columbus
- Aaron Goodwin, Executive Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
- Collin Clemons, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
- Corey Fuller, Chef de Cuisine, Hyatt Regency Chicago
Hope Bertram, Founder and CEO of Digital Megaphone
Dr. Sandy Goldberg, regular contributor on NBC5 Chicago in her series “Food for Thought”
John Colletti, managing partner for Gibsons Bar & Restaurant
Doug Bradley, Vice President of Culinary at SAVOR
Best of Luck to all of our competitors! We look forward to tasting what these talented Chefs have to offer.
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place • 2233 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive • Chicago, IL 60616 • 312 567 1234