On Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place will host rising culinary stars from Hyatt Hotels & Resorts in the Midwest region to complete in The Good Taste Series, a talent competition to highlight Hyatt’s emerging culinary talent. The competition will not only feature Hyatt’s talented chefs, but also reinforce Hyatt’s global food philosophy; Food. Thoughtfully Sourced, Carefully Served. Check out photos from last year’s contestants and winners.
This competition is one of twelve regional brackets taking place this month around the United States. In addition to bragging rights and a trophy, each regional winner receives an all-expense paid trip to The Good Taste Series National Competition being held at the beautiful Andaz Wailea Maui Resort in November as well as a year’s subscription to their favorite cooking magazine or cookbook, a Shun Knife, and a $500 American Express gift card. The winner of the National Competition will win a week-long trip to the Hyatt destination of their choice within the U.S., Canada, or Caribbean, an extra week’s paid vacation, and travel expenses.
Local celebrity judges have been tapped to evaluate the chef’s through two rounds of competition in a reception style format. The contestants need to product two dishes in small portion sizes for a reception of around 30 people with Dish A consisting of core ingredients to be aligned with Hyatt’s Sustainable Seafood philsophy and locally influenced and Dish B being a vegan option providing healthy protein and carbohydrate composition.
- John Colletti, Managing Partner at Gibson’s Restaurant Group that includes Gibson’s Steakhouse and Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House
- Dr. Sandy Goldberg, regular contributor on NBC5 Chicago in her series “Food for Thought”
- Susan Santiago, a former Vice President of Food & Beverage for Hyatt Corporation, she is now a Senior Vice President of Operations.
- Doug Bradley, Vice President of Culinary for SAVOR.
- Chef Judson Todd Allen, a finalist on Food Network’s hit show, Next Food Network Star Season 8, he is also a personal chef to some of Chicago’s elite.
- Chef Paul Katz, the former Corporate Executive Chef of Harry Caray’s Restaurant Group, Chef Paul Katz joined Bottleneck Management in 2011. He has also served at the media spokesperson for national food brands including the American Butter Institute.
- Joshua Karther, Executive Sous Chef, Hyatt Lodge at McDonald’s Campus
- Adam Zelten, Chef, Hyatt on Main Green Bay
- Isidro Arroyo, Sous Chef Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Beth Janocha, Chef, Hyatt Regency Cleveland
- Robert Brake, Banquet Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Columbus
- Ray Silvia, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Hill Country
- Melissa Rose, Executive Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- Daniel Bronke, Executive Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
- Chester Cleveland, Culinary Supervisor, Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh
- Michael Kropp, Sous Chef, Park Hyatt Chicago
Stay tuned for video, photos, and more details about the contest as well as the announcement of the winner who will be going on to compete at the Good Taste Series National Championships in Hawaii!
You’re more than welcome at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616; +1 312 567 1234