Tis the season to be jolly, and to take advantage of the amazing city of Chicago, and all that it offers during the holidays. It is the last weekend before Christmas and Kwanza, Hanukkah is in full-swing, and Festivus is right around the corner. Here are some of the things we are most looking forward to this upcoming weekend:
- Caroling at Cloudgate – Friday, December 19, 2014 – It is the last one of the season; the fantastic Bella Voce chamber choir will be performing some favorite holiday songs, at Cloudgate (a.k.a. The Bean), from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze – Friday, December 19, 2014 – Sunday, December 21, 2014 – A variety show that will be sure to delight all ages, Cirque Dreams Holidaze is a true treat at The Chicago Theater. With amazing acrobatic acts, and music, and a multitude of beautiful costumes, this is something that the whole family can enjoy.
- Selfies With Santa – Friday, December 19, 2014 – Wednesday, December 24, 2014 – Want to see the best view of the city, and meet the “big guy” of the Christmas season? Santa will be stopping by for a visit in the Windy City, before he has to be back in the North Pole to get everyone’s gifts. Of course, his number one place to visit is the Willis Tower, because he, like the rest of us, is enamored by the beautiful city, and loves to see all of it decked out for Christmas.
- CBS Sports Classic – Saturday, December 20, 2014 – Four of the best college basketball teams in the nation: Kentucky; North Carolina; Ohio State, and UCLA, are playing together in this inaugural showcase. Tickets are still available, and it is going to be a great set of games. More information can be found here.
- Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions – Sunday, December 21, 2014 – It will be a jungle out there at Soldier Field when the Lions and the Bears (no Tigers – that’s a different sport) play one another.
- 2014 Annual Music Box Christmas Show – Friday, December 19, 2014 – Sunday, December 21, 2014 – Two of the most beloved Christmas classics, It’s a Wonderful Life, and White Christmas, are screening throughout the weekend at the Music Box Theater. Showtimes and ticket information is available here.
Don’t miss out on Hyatt’s discounted social media rate, available for stays through April 2015! Book your Chicago vacation & stay with us to enjoy special rates, free wifi and more:
You’re more than welcome at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616; +1 312 567 1234