Despite what Loverboy said, not “Everybody’s Working For the Weekend”. This weekend, the Windy City is offering up a ton of fun, and exciting things to do, to not only celebrate the start of the holiday season, but to celebrate the fact that the weekend has finally arrived! Here is a list of things that we are most looking forward to doing this weekend:
- December 5th – Joffrey Ballet: The Nutcracker: This is the first show of the season, in the Joffrey Ballet’s, and the Chicago Philharmonic’s annual performance of The Nutcracker. A tradition since the 1980’s, this classic, holiday ballet, is both a wonderful visual and auditory spectacle that should not be missed.
- December 5th – Wilco: The hometown heroes kick off their six night stint, at the Riviera Theater, to celebrate their 20 years together, and the release of their first greatest hits album. Want to hear a specific song? Make a request on their website!
- December 6th – The Santa Hustle 5K: Can you think of a better way to get you into the holiday spirit than by taking part in a 5K that benefits the American Cancer Society, while dressed as Santa, and being surrounded by runners who are equally as festive?
- December 6th – 101.9 The Mix: Miracle on State Street: Bringing together some of the hottest names in music right now, 101.9 The Mix, along with Sam Smith, Fitz and the Tantrums, and Mary Lambert, help to ring in the holiday season, at the Chicago Theater.
- Christkindl Market – The largest open-air market in Chicago, this German market is the perfect place to get all of your authentic German items and food, as well as unique hand blow, and wooden ornaments.
- Zoolights: Head on over to the Lincoln Park Zoo, to see the lights and the animals, and to enjoy ice skating on the zoo’s rink, along with a hot beverage.
Don’t miss out on Hyatt’s discounted social media rate, available for stays through April 2015! Book your Chicago vacation & stay with us to enjoy special rates, free wifi and more:
You’re more than welcome at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616; +1 312 567 1234