The holidays are always a busy time of year, and depending on where you live, not always the nicest weather. These things often deter many brides from planning their big day in December, but the holidays can be a fun, festive, and economical time to tie the knot! Here’s our list of reasons why holiday wedding can rock:
- Holiday colors can be a beautiful and unique color scheme. Birch trees, evergreens roses, red berries, and mistletoe look beautiful by candlelight. Also think holiday lights, smells, and ornaments.
- You’ve heard the phrase holiday cheer, combine that with wedding cheer and you’ve got a recipe for a great party!
- Most churches and reception halls will already be dressed up for the holidays; free decorations! Also, come January all of your decor will be in the clearance aisle!
- You’re likely to get a discount on your reception hall and/or food & beverage due to the fact it’s a slower time of year. Many of your guests will already be planning time off, so you could plan your wedding for a weekday and save big time without sacrificing attendance. Or try New Year’s Eve! Sure, it’s a bold move, but everyone will have the day off, and if you send Save the Dates early enough, there will be no excuse for missing the biggest party of the year! Everyone will definitely remember your anniversary each year.
- Personalized ornaments can make creative and memorable favors that guests will actually use year after year.
- Sure, there may be snow and cold, but that can lead to some amazing pictures! You might be cold for a few minutes, but isn’t that better than sweating in your wedding dress? Get a faux fur wrap and muff to take photos in the snowfall or by holiday lights.
- You’ll have your choice of photographers, bands, DJs, florists, and other vendors since it’s the off-season!
- Not keen on red and green? There are lots of color combinations that will work during the holidays. Try red and white, blue and white, white and gold, black and champagne, silver and gold, or even all white!
- Overall, want your wedding to stand out and be remembered by your guests, right? A Christmas or New Years wedding will definitely be memorable!
Contact our Wedding Coordinator Ashley at 312.528.4168 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your holiday wedding at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. Be sure mention our online exclusive Extend the Honeymoon on Us promotion to earn an additional free night’s stay at a Hyatt Hotel or Resort for your honeymoon! Learn more about Hyatt weddings here.
You’re more than welcome at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616; +1 312 567 1234